Board Mission Statement
The mission of the FEELC Child Care Board is to work in partnership with the sponsoring agencies and Center staff to provide high quality child care, education and community for the families of First Environments Early Learning Center.
The objectives of the Board are to:
- Ensure and oversee the long-term viability of the center
- Raise scholarship funds so that a diverse population of children alleconomic and social backgrounds can attend the child care center
- Make decisions regarding tuition, develop and approve Center policies, set salary guidelines, and approve the budget.
- Serve as a liaison between the Director, the families and the sponsoring agencies
- Keep programs and services consistent with the designated Board purpose.
- Ensure child care services are in compliance with the Licensing Agreement
- Work cooperatively with the agencies to ensure high quality, competitively priced child care and all other aspects of the child care delivery system
- Market the center to prospective parents
- Actively seek future Board members to ensure Board stability and continuity
- Attend training as necessary
Areas of Responsibility:
The Center Director is directly responsible for the day-to-day operations of the center. It is the Director who is responsible for managing the business. All decisions and responsibilities with respect to program and staff management, and all aspects of the operation and conduct of the centers business remain the exclusive right and responsibility of the Director. The overall direction of FEELC is the responsibility of the First Environments Parents’ Organization Board of Directors.
In addressing these objectives, each Board member has a number of duties, which generally include:
- Maintain regular and efficient monthly Board Meetings, ensuring effective use of Board members time and efforts
- Develop and circulate agendas for monthly meetings
- Monitor budget
- Miscellaneous duties to respond to FEELC needs
- Organize biannual parent meetings
- Record and maintain minutes from all Board proceedings
- Communicate “To Dos” following each Board meeting
- Organize, distribute, and summarize annual parent survey
- Help manage FEELC website
- Maintain good communication between the Board and FEELC Parents
- Maintain and organize the network of room parents (intro email, biannual meetings)
- Manage Parent Hours
- Manage Facebook Account with updates when necessary (coordinated with KIDZ line and website)
- Manage fundraising events (Spring Plant sale, etc.)
- Communicate to current and past students about donation opportunities
- Manage the Scholarship fund (announcement, selection, etc.)
- Help FEELC Admin organize center-wide events (festivals, potlucks, etc.)
- Keep up-to-date version of Parent Handbook - track needed policy updates and ensure they are completed in a timely manner
- Keep track of Use Agreement and By Laws
- Track annual deadlines required by Use Agreement and By Laws
Agreements and Bylaws
Memorandum of Understanding between the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences for Joint Operations and Maintenance of the First Environments Early Learning Center April 12, 2016 (PDF)
Parent Board Meetings
All parents of children who attend the center will be invited to attend the biannual Parent Organization meetings. These meetings are held in January and July. The January meeting will be a time where FEELC’s budget will be discussed. This will also be a time for FEELC program presentations, updates, and discussion of any issues that concern the entire center. The July meeting provides a time for Parent Board candidates to speak to the parents and explain their interest in running for the Parent Board. Elections will take place at this July meeting.
FEELC Virtual Comment & Suggestion Box
In an effort to continually improve First Environments Early Learning Center, we welcome and appreciate any and all types of feedback (positive and/or constructive) from our FEELC families. All submissions are anonymous unless you choose to provide your contact information for potential follow up.
Thank you in advance for taking the time to contribute to a better community at FEELC!
FEELC Board Member Contact Information
|Sania W. Tong Argao||919-541-1397||Sania.FEELC@gmail.com||President|
|Anna Sacksfirstname.lastname@example.org||Treasurer / Fundraising / Social|
|Cheryl Thompsonemail@example.com||Policy / IT Coordinator|
|Mercy Aranafirstname.lastname@example.org||Parent Coordinator|
|Ed Kang||919-541-0124||Edward.email@example.com||NIEHS Liaison|
|Debi Thomas||919-541-0054||Thomas.firstname.lastname@example.org||EPA Liaison|
Last updated: 1/13/2018